Direct One is a Romanian provider of bandwidth infrastructure services established in 2007. The Company own and operatesmore than 5500 km intercity backbone covering 53 cities and in-between localities in Romania. Our owned and operated fibre based inter-city networks deliver a truly scalable solution with the highest availability of services for our customers across the key cities in Romania.
- More than 62,000 fibre kilometers
- More than 50 connected cities
- More than 5,500 route kilometres
- Based on OPGW technology that ensures the highest availability in the market
- Preferred dark fibre infrastructure provider for Tier 1 operators
Own Fiber Optic Infrastructure and high capacity DWDM network
- Direct One own dark fiber
- Direct One leased Dark Fiber
- Direct One PoP, colocation and services delivery
OPGW Fiber optic infrastructure
OPGW (Optical Ground Wire) is a type of cable that is used in the construction of electric power transmission and distribution lines. Such cable combines the functions of grounding and communictations. An OPGW cable contains a tubular structure with one or more optical fibres in it, surrounded by layers of steel and aluminium wire.
Our team of 4 top managers has a combined telecom experience of more than 80 years.